Japanese knotweed removal solutions
Established in 1996, Environet is the UK's specialist in Japanese knotweed solutions for residential property owners. Our team of Area Managers give Environet the ability to tackle Japanese knotweed nationwide.
What is motivating you to resolve your knotweed problem?
- Are planning construction or landscaping work within an area affected by knotweed?
- Are you worried that Japanese knotweed will cause damage to buildings and landscaped areas?
- Are you the victim of knotweed encroachment onto your property?
- Do you want to stop knotweed spreading from your property to adjoining land?
- Are you buying or selling property infested with Japanese knotweed?
- Have you received a 205 notice or an ASBO from your council regarding the knotweed?
- Has Japanese knotweed been identified as a dilapidation at the end of a lease period?
What Japanese knotweed solution should you choose?
There are typically two Japanese knotweed solutions for tackling Japanese knotweed: chemical herbicide or physical removal.
Chemical herbicides are relatively low cost but are only suitable where the ground is not going to be disturbed. It is considered a control method. Physical removal of knotweed is more invasive, but gives a much more certain result. It is the required method where the ground is to be disturbed.
Take a look at our How to get rid of Japanese knotweed section for more help.
Indemnities and Guarantees
You can now protect yourself against the risk of damage being caused by Japanese knotweed, by purchasing a Knotweed Indemnity policy. For a one off premium the policy covers you and your successors in title for 10 years, and the lender for the duration of the mortgage.
All knotweed treatment and removal works we undertake benefit from an Environet Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG), underwritten by a syndicate at Lloyd's.
While it is not illegal to have Japanese knotweed growing on your land, if you allow knotweed to spread to neighbouring land, you may face a private nuisance claim. If you have a problem with Japanese knotweed then we are here to help.
Our Managing Director Nic Seal, has acted as an expert witness on several high profile cases. Contact Nic today to discuss your case and appraise its merits.